Siemens calls on new family of IP telephony products
You take the Hi Path and I'll, er, call my friend while still surfing the Net. Yowza
Siemens has unveiled seven IP-based comms products for the UK market. Siemens' unique selling point, we were told, was that it can run old-skool kit and the new IP kit simultaneously on the same network.
The new products are:
- The HiPath 5500 server
- The HiPath RG 2500 gateway
- The optiPoint 100 Advance telephone
- The optiClient 370 Agent and optiClient 380 Supervisor - two products for automatically routing calls in a call centre
- The HiPath IP adapter - which lends some IP features to Siemens' previous optiset telephone
- Xpressions 470 version 2.0 - the latest version of its messaging software
Despite repetitious questioning, however, we were unable to get any prices for the new goods. ®
Sponsored: RAID: End of an era?