16th September 2000 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Dumb admins using default passwords with SQL
A protester identifying himself as 'Herbless' defaced 168 corporate Web sites Friday with a message urging public support for demonstrators standing up against high fuel taxes in the UK. "Our government has now started to spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) propaganda through the media in the hope that they can dispel puplic …
Music and Media 16 Sep 2000, 05:11
They're the dandy information highwaymen
MSN said it is working with financial institutions to prevent the recurrence of a billing cock-up today that left its US subscribers out of pocket. Over a thousand customers had $500 wrongly deducted from their accounts this week as part of a trial of a new billing system, although the number could be much higher, admits …
Music and Media 16 Sep 2000, 05:36
All the news that's printed to fit
Just when you thought it was safe to trust Congress, the House Judiciary Constitution Subcommittee rolls on a popular bill proposed by US Senator Charles Schumer (Democrat, New York), and US Representatives Charles Canady (Republican, Florida) and Robert Barr (Republican, Georgia), which would enjoin the slobbering perverts …
Music and Media 16 Sep 2000, 09:06
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month