20th August 2000 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Capellas livid, incandescent, in a strop, a bate, etc.
Sales representatives at the Compaq Corporation are livid with Intel for preventing sales of servers using Xeon chips from being as good as CEO Mike Capellas wants them to be. In particular, Compaq is warning its customers that availability of its four way servers has slipped seriously, due to Intel being unable to produce …
Business 20 Aug 2000, 13:42
PC-133 price parity edges closer
Rambus RIMMs are continuing to drop in price as Intel moves closer to the fateful day when its Pentium 4 "Willamette" processor starts edging out of the fabs. Figures from a number of online sources confirm the onward trend of the price cuts downwards, with for example, the lowest end use price for a PC800 128MB RIMM costing $ …
Channel 20 Aug 2000, 15:45
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire