1st April 2000 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Self-interest is powerful motivator, Red Hat chairman argues
Will Linux fork? Journalists have been asking the question of late. The question is legitimate: Unix forked in nasty ways that hurt the whole Unix community and the whole Unix industry. But that was then, this is now, says Red Hat chairman Bob Young. Many reasons for Unix forking don't apply today. Hardware has become a …
Business 1 Apr 2000, 10:17
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire