16th January 2000 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Spam, spam, spam, spam...
AT&T portal Excite@Home has been threatened with banishment from Usenet's vast labyrinth of newsgroups on allegations of massive spamming. Usenet issued an ultimatum and deadline of 18 January if the objectionable practice is not brought under control. A mis-communication between the protagonists appears to have enlarged the …
Business 16 Jan 2000, 19:01
Will Hyundai take punt in DRAM Desperation Derby?
A report in US technology title Electronic Buyers' News said that Rambus has offered mammoth Korean memory combination Hyundai 30,000 of its shares at the knockdown price of ten bucks each if it steps up its production of its memory for the marketplace. Hyundai, which was forced to merge with LG Semicon by the South Korean …
Business 16 Jan 2000, 19:39
Via Joshuas, Cyrix MIIvs, 533MHz Celerons, i840 mobos and the rest
A number of PC products have, as usual, made their debut in the Akihabara area of Tokyo, a good while before we will see them in either Tottenham Court Road or NYC. According to the latest, Japanese report, from Akihabara PC hotline, motherboards have started to appear to support the Via Samuel processor, while sales of the Via …
Business 16 Jan 2000, 20:03
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE
- Analysis Hey, Teflon Ballmer. Look, isn't it time? You know, time to quit?
- Murdoch Facebook gloat: You're like my $580m, 'CRAPPY' MySpace