28th November 1999 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Don't cry for me, Mendocino. Sniff...
The spate of Coppermine Pentium IIIs that Intel will intro on January 10th next will walk hand-in-hand into the daylight with last .25 micron Celeron processor ever, a 533MHz using the 66MHz bus and with a multiplier of eight. That will, most likely, be the last appearance of a .25 micron Celeron on the Intel stage, before it …
Business 28 Nov 1999, 09:37
Processor serial number, NSA raise their ugly mugs again
A report from the STOA Committee of the European Union has suggested that the economic bloc look long and hard at the implications of Intel's personal serial number (PSN) embedded in the Pentium III microprocessor. (We know it's really dubbed the processor serial number, but our substitution of personal seems oh so apposite.) …
Business 28 Nov 1999, 09:56
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- Comment Mobile tech destroys the case for the HS2 £multi-beellion train set
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Things that cost the same as coffee with Tim Cook - and are WAY more fun
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL