Intel Developer Forum Feb 99
Extensive coverage of the week's events
Once again, Mike Magee represented The Register at Intel's Developer Forum in the heart of a desert. Here is some of the coverage...
(For the September 98 IDF, go here)
- Microsoft outlines Win64 futures But they'd better sort out beta three first
- Pictures of the Merced cartridge Exclusive to The Register
- Merced chieftain outlines futures Verbatim notes from Merced programme manager
- Intel's Flash presentation Includes some NDA'd material Intel NDA found on floor Some interesting code words in here
- Lion roars because of Intel chip pricing German distributor takes exception to dual pricing model
- Intel decks more chips The relentless round of price cuts and the disappeared
- Intel employee saves UK journalist's life Keeps airways open until paramedics arrive
- Intel makes The Register sweat IV Photographs of Fab 11
- Intel makes The Register sweat III Our tour of Fab 11
- Intel makes The Register sweat II Our tour of Fab 11 Intel makes The Register sweat Our tour of Fab 11 in Albuquerque
- Intel's Fab 11 gets Flash ramp to .18 micron Plans to shrink the SRAM
- Intel outlines 12-inch futures It already has a development fab up and running
- Intel anxious about Compaq Alpha threat There's more to this than meets the eye
- Intel ships Pentium III, slashes PII prices Katmai launched and the price cuts on PIIs start
- Only real men have fabs According to this keynote, IP is bigger than factories Microsoft hissed and booed at Intel event Well, Beta Three is a tad late but we have the date now...
- Microsoft to ship beta three on 21 April
- Fifty per cent of original Corollary staff gone This is inevitable
- Intel explains investment plans We speak to Les Vadasz
- Eight way Intel SMP systems to arrive in April Compaq will have some tweaked Sabers...
- Intel, Transmeta, Linus Torvalds in cahoots This emerges from a conversation with Stephen Smith
- Otellini on Instant Dismissal Pungent thoughts from a senior VP
- Intel geezer talks in Geyserville It's all to do with trickle treats
- Merced only slightly undead Our first notes from the Stephen Smith interview
- Otellini on Willamette It's still on track, honestly
- Otellini on HP and Merced HP have nothing to do with Merced now
- Otellini on Alpha This is a bloody business
- Intel says new PIII socket on way for iMac lookalikes This has got to happen
- Yu demonstrates 1GHz chip, talks roadmap talk Kryotech assisted, we think...
- Intel says Direct Rambus delayed And what about PC-133?
- Otellini teases world with PIII benchmarks Apples with apples? Intel stresses four Ss in style counsel Kicking Pat gets stylish
- Intel says Linux unstoppable Our lunchtime interview with "Kicking" Pat Gelsinger
- Intel FlexATX motherboard to use 810 chipset Cunning plans unveiled
- Intel to push digital video interface More Intel cunning plans
- i820 Camino pix thrash Cyberspace Happy Cat gets there first Intel says this, Intel says that, Intel says the other....®
Sponsored: The Nuts and Bolts of Ransomware in 2016