20th February 1999 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Claims the appearance of hardcore ads on filtered searches was only an oversight
Leading portal Excite has plugged the loophole that allowed explicit pornographic ads to be published on one of its child-friendly filtered search engines. Yesterday, Excite bowed to pressure from family-values pressure groups to stop the porn appearing on its Magellan Web site despite its "Green Light" filtering software being …
Business 20 Feb 1999, 11:47
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire