14th February 1999 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
Slot 1 and Slot 2 to deck it as price cuts arrive
Persistent and reliable rumours reach The Register that September will see the demise of the Pentium Pro chip but if true that will be bad news for people who make SMP servers. According to two separate sources at major vendors, the price cuts Intel will make today on its MMX and Pro chips are merely the precursor of an early …
Business 14 Feb 1999, 18:57
Rubbishes Rise compared to WinChip
Jonathan Hou, at PC One seems to have a knack of getting these pesky chip vendors to talk to him. We can assure you, they are pesky. We're still trying to get a date with the marketeers at AMD so they can tell us all about the K6-III. (Story: AMD to call K6-3 the K6-III) Jonathan's recently managed to secure an interview with …
Business 14 Feb 1999, 21:20
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE
- Analysis Hey, Teflon Ballmer. Look, isn't it time? You know, time to quit?
- Murdoch Facebook gloat: You're like my $580m, 'CRAPPY' MySpace