14th November 1998 Archive
Browse by publication date, or search the site.
We're just mad about saffron...
Juniper Networks, which a month or two back gained serious levels of investment from Ericsson, Lucent Technologies, Nortel, Siemens/Newbridge, 3Com and Worldcom subsidiary UUNET, has said IBM is working with it on custom ASICs for its optical-electrical Internet backbone devices. Juniper's systems are intended to increase …
Business 14 Nov 1998, 11:03
Full spec available by next month
The Amiga 2 is to use the QNX kernel, it has emerged. The news came at a show in Cologne, Germany, although the sources said that the machine is likely to use only the kernel of the operating system, rather than the full version. QNX has made available a demo of the OS for Windows and other platforms which can be downloaded from …
Business 14 Nov 1998, 17:34
The Register will provide continuous coverage of the important events at Comdex/Fall 98 in Las Vegas. Drew Cullen is there on the spot to cover the show for you. Friday, 20 November Palm readies PalmOS for new markets A year ago: Comdex - Golden Egg Goose in steroid scare Thursday, 19 November Cisco to add NDS support to …
Business 14 Nov 1998, 22:15
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging